What is the need of coupon codes to purchase any product? Every customer loves to buy products with discount coupon codes. It can be real money spinner for site owners also. If you offer codes in mail to customers, it will help to create mailing list. If you promote offer through partners, then it will help them to promote products with affiliate program. So at the end, it will beneficial for site owners, mediators and customers as well. Through right offers, you can connect large number of customers with your site and it will increase the sales conversation rate. No doubts customers wait for festival season to buy their item at relatively low cost. So prepare your Magento ecommerce website for next holiday sales.
Steps to create coupon codes
In Magento 2, there are two types of price rules. First is apply promo code to the shopping cart that is known as “Cart price rules”. Second is apply promo codes before customer purchase that is known as “Catalog price rules”. We share here both the methods.
How to set cart price :
- Login to your Magento admin. On the left panel click on Marketing. Under the promotion menu, click on Cart Price Rules.
- Tap on “Add New Rule” button to create new rule.
- Add the information about new rule that are :
- Rule name – Mention the name of the rule
- Description – Describe rule in short
- Status – Set status Yes or No
- Website – Select Magento ecommerce website or store on which you want to apply this rule
- There are some more fields to set – customer groups, coupon, usage per customer, from – to date, priority, public in RSS feed.
Set conditions, sub conditions and actions of the rule. Add discount amount, maximum quantity, discount quantity, shipping amount and discard subsequent rules. Then set Labels – The default rule label for all store views and store view specific labels. If you have done with new rule making, then save it to apply on storefront.
How to set catalog price :
- Click on Marketing. Under the promotion menu, click on Catalog Price Rules. Then tap on “Add New Rule” button to create new rule.
- Then apply the step no. 3 and 4 mentioned in “Cart Price Rules”.
What is the difference between cart and catalog price rules?
>> Cart Rules calculate points on the product price & product attributes only AFTER they hit the shopping cart. So it is based on the shopping cart’s total has been calculated.
For example: Cart Rule => 1pt earned per $1 spent
- Item #1: $29.99
- Item #2: $49.99
- TOTAL: 29.99 + 49.99 = $79.98
- TOTAL POINTS: 79 points.
>> Catalog Rules calculate points on the product price & product attributes only BEFORE they hit the shopping cart.
For example: Catalog Rule => 1pt earned per $1 spent
- Item #1: $39.99 = 39 points
- Item #2: $29.99 = 29 points
- TOTAL POINTS: 39 + 29 = 68 points
If you have any query regarding Magento ecommerce website theme and extensions customization then look out for best service provider and check their previous work profile. So it will help you to get idea on time-frame and quality of work.