PHP supports MySQL using a PHP extension. Thousands or millions projects have been written worldwide using PHP and MySQL.Old MySQL extension officially deprecated since PHP 5.5.0 in late 2012 and it will be removed in the future. The alternatives since PHP 5 and later are MySQLi (“i” stands for “improved”) and PDO (PHP Data Objects). So, In this tutorial I am going to explain how can you install improved MySQL i.e. MySQLi from WHM (Web Host Manager) provided by CPanel
How to Install MySQLi using WHM
1. Login to WHM as ‘root’ user.
2. Either search for “EasyApache” or go to Software > EasyApache
3. Scroll down and select a build option (Previously Saved Config)
4. Click Start “Start customizing based on profile”
5. Select the version of Apache and click “Next Step”.
6. Select the version of PHP and click “Next Step”.
7. Chose additional options within the “Short Options List”
8. Select “Exhaustive Options List” and look for “MySQL Improved extension”
9. Click “Save and Build”
How to check mysqli was installed
Run the following command as ‘root‘ in SSH:
php -i|grep -i mysqli